- 1 pound Chioggia beets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Wash and peel the beets. Using a mandoline fitted with a julienne blade, slice the beets into matchsticks and place in a bowl.
Whisk together the lemon juice, walnut oil, rice wine vinegar, mint, orange zest, salt and pepper and pour it over the beets. Toss to combine. Let this salad rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.