- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2½ cups pickle juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- Vodka (locally distilled Faber Vodka works well)
- Pickles for garnish
- Hot sauce or chili vinegar, to taste
Stir the first eight ingredients together in a large pitcher: To assemble a drink, nil a glass with ice and pour in 1½, ounces of vodka. Top with the tomato mix, add a squirt of your favorite hot sauce, and give it a good stir (a chopstick works well). Add a few (or many) assorted pickles and serve.
NOTE: If you have time, make the mix a day ahead and let the flavors truly marry.
About this recipe
Brine Street Pickles are available at Weaver’s Way Co-op and the Fair Food Farmstand—visit brinestreetpicklery.com for a full list of locations.